SENCO and SEN staff
Our SENCO is Becky Wood
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
The staff team are experienced in supporting children with additional needs and are particularly skilled in the following;
- Austism Spectrum Condition
- Attention Defecit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Speech and Language difficulties
external specialists and other bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Educational Psychology Consultants
- Speech & Language Consultants
- Early Years Team
how we secure specialist expertise
As well as receiving support from other professionals and agencies, if a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive support from the Local Authority. This could be support from an Educational Psychologist or funding from the Local Authority for additional staffing to meet the child’s agreed outcomes.